Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I know your secret.

Minneapolis Central Library


PostSecret Exhibit

I finally made it downtown to check out the Minneapolis Central Library. The new building opened in 2006 and includes a variety of eye-catching features. My attention was drawn to the PostSecret Exhibit on the second floor. The secrets on display cover a full range of emotions. I think one of my favorite things about the secrets is seeing original handwriting. Not every secret is handwritten, but many of them are. Perhaps the handwritten secrets seem more personal - or maybe the reader feels closer to the person sharing the secret because of the handwriting. Either way, all of the secrets are interesting to read.

Did you know the Central Library had a green roof? 18,560 square-feet of green roof to be exact. I guess that means I need to go back in the spring to take a peek at that.

No comments: